Team of Art
Access to art and culture is part of the basic skills and allows a complementary learning to reading and writing. The question of accessibility of an image, both in its feeling and in its understanding, arises in both physical and digital form. To be truly inclusive, image accessibility must include people with DYS problems, disabilities, etc.
With this in mind, Team of Art aims to achieve the following :
- The implementation of a narrative and visual approach in the presentation of artworks for learners with little or no qualifications and special needs. Indeed, the project’s target audiences generally have little or no access to culture and their basic skills (reading and writing) are not or not well acquired. The content of a virtual exhibition using the standard codes of mediation (display of the work, the label) can quickly prove to be inaccessible. The presentation of works through a narrative experimentation works towards greater accessibility and inclusion.
- Combine access to European culture with the acquisition of basic skills. The project’s target audiences generally have little or no access to books and cultural heritage, which are nevertheless great vectors of learning and personal development. This is why our challenge is to combine an accessible, narrated and interactive presentation of the works of art with an ” easy to read and understand ” language (set at level B by the Common Framework of Reference for Languages [CEFR]) and thus contribute to the transmission of a common cultural heritage and to the integration of audiences with little or no traditional access to this heritage.
- Encourage innovative forms of cultural mediation and training using digital tools. Training and mediation professionals (educators, trainers, mediators) are not always aware of the use of digital tools and technological innovations (digital publishing software, animation of works, etc.) for the construction of modern materials that meet their particular educational needs and objectives.
5 intellectual productions :
- A virtual exhibition that will bring together more than 120 animated and scrolling works of art by famous European artists covering a wide range of artistic eras, styles and techniques
- An accessible glossary of key artistic terms, illustrated and accompanied by videos in sign language
- 10 pedagogical files that will allow you to work around the works told. These files will be created around transversal artistic themes, bringing together an average of ten works from the ” virtual exhibition ” section.
- 30 practical sheets with advices for educators, workshop tips and tutorials to help them use the resources created in the context of their professional activity.
- A pedagogical implementation guide that aims to answer general and practical questions: What are the difficulties that can prevent to approach and understand of a work of art ? How to make the presentation of a work of art useful for the accessibility of its composition and cultural significance ? By which process, vocabulary, narration can I promote the entry in the work to maximize its feeling and lead to its comprehension for little or not qualified public ?
By its transversal and multisectoral approach, this project allows to address together key priorities of the European Union such as the promotion of culture and heritage, the reinforcement and the enlargement of digital competences of trainers and the improvement of language learning (reading and writing) among adults.
Project duration : 01/11/2020 – 31/10/2022
Project Number : 2020-1-EN01-KA204-080483